Applications are invited for a Research Assistant/ Lab manager position in the Kids Socioemotional Development in Context Lab (The Kids Lab)) under the primary mentorship of Laura Quiñones Camacho, Ph.D. The lab’s research integrates developmental, behavioral, sociocultural, psychophysiological (RSA, PEP), and neuroscience (EEG, fNIRS) approaches, to advance our understanding of socioemotional development and risk for psychopathology in early childhood, with an emphasis on Latinx children.
This position offers an exciting opportunity for a junior researcher to gain hands-on experience in developmental cognitive neuroscience research through work involving both behavioral, physiological, fNIRS, and EEG data from preschoolers and caregivers. The successful candidate will coordinate data collection and subject recruitment, help in programming experiments, running studies with children, assisting with data cleaning and data processing, behavioral coding, helping complete administrative tasks for the lab, supervising undergraduate research assistants, scheduling, communicating with the Institutional Review Board, and engage in community outreach. This person will also have the opportunity to be involved in conference presentations and journal articles. Training and close supervision will be provided. Thus, this position is particularly appropriate to candidates hoping to increase their research training prior to applying to graduate school.
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Psychology, Neuroscience, Human Development and Family Sciences, or related field.
* Ability to work independently, with other researchers, and with young children
* Effective time management and attention to detail
* Experience and comfort communicating with families and children under 10-years-old.
* Outstanding interpersonal communication.
* Willingness to work evenings and weekends to accommodate family schedules.
* Spanish fluency (speaking and reading/writing) – strongly preferred
* Experience collecting EEG, fNIRS, or RSA/PEP data – strongly preferred.
* Experience with child data collection and data entry
* Experience with recruitment and data collection in under-represented samples.
* Proficiency with statistical and programming languages/software (e.g., SPSS, R, Matlab, java, python)
* Familiarity with data collection software (e.g., Qualtrics), and basic office software suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Applicants with potential availability for 2+ years are preferred. Competitive salary. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants are encouraged to submit materials by 8/1/2023. Questions may be addressed to Dr. Laura Quiñones Camacho at .
Application can be submitted here: Link to application
– 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
– Letter of interest